Monday, November 4, 2013

Stop in at Smokey's



For my next two posts I am going to do them on restaurants that are unique to Kansas.  For my first one I am going to focus on a bbq restaurant.  I chose bbq first because Kansas is in the Midwestern United States and we love a good barbeque restaurant.  One that is original to our state is one that is near and dear to my heart, Smokey's BBQ.  Smokey's BBQ is located in my hometown of Wellsville, Kansas.  The restaurant was originally called Hotwicks, but it burned down in the 90's and that is how it got it's new and improved name Smokey's.  The restaurant has brought in tourists from all around.  I personally have seen license plates from Texas, Wyoming, Las Vegas, and many more on the brick Main Street, parked in front of Smokey's BBQ.  It is under management of a local family and they keep it in tip top shape, always looking for ways to improve.  Growing up in Wellsville, I have been there thousands of times and sometimes forget how unique that is to not only our town, but to Kansas in general.  They are famous for their fried pickles, which in an appetizer you can get.  Next time you're around those parts or passing through, stop in for some quality food and a good feeling restaurant.  Located below is the location of the restaurant in Wellsville, Kansas.
Smokey's BBQ and Catering - 510 Main Street  Wellsville, KS 66092-0121

1 comment:

  1. I am an absolute BBQ freak, and I am always lookning for good eats! The next time I drive through Wellsville, I will have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete